Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Angel Sanctuary released

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Andromiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They didn't do an awful job at it, at least. We can all breathe a little easier now. [At least us AS fanatics.]

    The translations are mostly pretty right on, save for a few slightly strange word choices. But that could be that I'm used to reading the scanlations/translations who all sort of agreed on particular wording and such... personally, I think the online translators did a better job, but I'm just horribly picky with AS.

    I guess the only things that really jump out at me are these.

    1. Calling Rociel/Rosiel 'Lord' and Alexiel 'Lady'. I know these are the closest correct terms when trying to transfer '-sama' to English, but they just sound odd.

    2. Slightly odd translation of the page where the story starts, spouting off mysteriously about the sons of Adam, Eve and the sort. I always loved that page, since it was just... pretty. I understand lots of things can be lost in translation, seeing as I do some translating work myself, but if the web translators can do it and still make it flow somehow... jeeze, put in a little effort, will you Viz? But again... I'm being picky.

    3. "I want you... to do me." Not that I'm complaining about this one. >D It's what Setsuna says to Kira in the first scene after Kira finally calls off his gang.


    And... at the moment, that's all I can think of. [It being 5 AM] They've kept all cannon names so far. They've used 'Rosiel' for the English release. No image editing that I've noticed. They do however use English sound effects, which is a bit annoying.

    The book isn't flipped, thank god, and they DID fix the 'story' typo it used to feature.

    The bad news is, the next volume won't come out for a while. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 11, 2004 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Andromiel ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well im gald its Viz and NOT tokyopop...they would really take everything out amd make it a happy Christian manga...but the thing is they always take forever like w/ X they are still on book 13 and its been 5 years since they started to translate it..oh well i just hope i wont grow old and die before all of AS is out.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yay! i'm glad that the quality is good. ^_^ maybe i'll get it now.. i'm kind of scared of the companies that translate manga.. it's like watching and waiting to see what crap they do to a good story. ^^;

    i hope they do yami no matsuei well. and that both angel sanctuary and yami no matsuei come out more quickly that some of the others. -_-;

    wishful thinking?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, apparently my particular bookstore is a little behind... Viz says it was released in March, and it's already April.

    Heehee, no prob though. Still love to see Yuki Kaori works actually in the bookstores in English. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] It's a wonderful sight.

    ~Crystal
    [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •